Linda Houchens

Linda Houchens

June 23, 1948     ~     May 4, 2011

Linda Lou Houchens, 62, Glasgow, died Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at the Medical Center at Bowling Green. A native of Barren County, she was a daughter of the late Eugene (Tunnie) Riddle and Charline Harmon Riddle. She was a former operator with General Telephone and a childcare giver. She was a member of Neal’s Chapel Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Glasgow Chapter 20 DAV Auxiliary, and a COTA (Children of The Americas) foster parent.

Survivors include one sister, Pippa Cabriales and her husband, Tony, of Glasgow; one brother, Steve Riddle and his wife, Cheryl, of Huntsville, Alabama; one niece, Lara Riddle; two aunts, Martha Harmon of Glasgow and Camilla Lowery of Goshen, KY; one uncle, Billy Holmes and wife, Edith of Indianapolis; several cousins.

In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a sister, Gwen Riddle and her husband, Mike.

Funeral services will be held 2:00 p.m. Sunday at the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home with burial in the Glasgow Municipal Cemetery. Friends may call after 2:00 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. A memorial service will be conducted by the DAV Auxiliary at 6:00 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.

8 Entries for Linda Houchens

1. Howard & Jerry Kaye Taylor says:

Linda was one of the most generous people I know.She gave of herself, her time, her money and her friendship. Always with a smiling face, she could light up a room when she walked in. I feel very fortunate to have known her for the last 17 years and hope her positive influence will make me a better person. Linda, you will be missed by all who knew you and “May you rest in Peace”.

2. Billy and Patty Hatfield says:

Pippa, We love you all so much. You have been so good at taking care of your loved ones all of these years. We had such a good time at all the get togethers we’ve had over there, with Amy and Zoe and Linda and you. Linda will be missed. If you ever need anything, you know were here for you. Love you lots, Billy and Patty

3. Sandy Tiger & Amy Hall says:

Pippa we are sorry for your loss.

4. Cheryl Brooks says:

Pippa, I’m sorry to hear about Linda. She was and always will be a special lady to many of us. I have wonderful memories of her as well as the rest of your family! Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you bunches!!

5. Nancy Hall Pace says:

Linda was an inspiration to us all. I worked with her at General Telephone and then have followed her legacy for years with her work in the DAV. The world is sadder without her, but heaven is rejoicing and she is back with her father God and Mike.

6. Debbie Reece says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I will hold your family in my prayers.

7. Barthomieux says:

It’s interesting how you state in your prifloe that you were not involved in the new high school boundary decision making process however your home resides within the new high school’s boundaries. I might add that your home (based on public information) is much further than mine and I am walking distance to the new school but yet my children cannot attend it due to the way the boundaries were set. It was a travesty the way the entire boundary issue was handled and completely reeks of favoritism by Superintendent Smith. It’s not a big secret that the Superintendent always favored one boundary scenario and now I can only wonder if it was to reward those that worked on passing his bond measure other pet projects. Just to let you know, I also voted for approval of the bond measure and that is what infuriates me even more. To have been fooled into thinking that this measure would benefit the entire community after the new high school was built. In actuality this was not the case and only a select few benefited. I am not pointing any fingers but I would like to remind you that now that you have been elected to the City Council you are here to serve the ENTIRE community. This is something that Superintendent Smith and the former school board completely lost sight of back when they decided on the new high school boundaries. Thanks for listening.

8. Life can be tough at times, you put in the hours of work and only end up with blank stares. You know what I mean? That’s the time posts like this keep me motivated.