Jennifer Gooden Wood

Jennifer Wood

August 17, 1960     ~     December 27, 2016

Jennifer Gooden Wood, 56, Hiseville, passed away Tuesday, December 27, 2016, at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. The daughter of Preston Gooden and the late Wilma Bailey Gooden, she was a pharmacist with Vann Healthcare and a member of the Rock Spring Baptist Church.

Survivors include her husband Paul Wood; two daughters: Sarah Ashley Coomer and Sally Mae Coomer both of Hiseville; three step-children: Matthew Jacob Wood of Nashville, Andrew Paul Wood and Emily Jo Wood both of Michigan; her father: Preston Gooden of Coral Hill; one brother: Tim Gooden and his wife Dana of Glasgow; several aunts, uncles, and cousins. In addition to her mother, she was preceded in death by one brother, Jonathon Gooden.

Funeral services will be held 2:00 p.m. Saturday at the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home with burial in the Hiseville Cemetery. Friends may call after 11:00 a.m. Friday at the funeral home.

33 Entries for Jennifer Gooden Wood

1. Cindy Jackson Mohler says:

We had a lot of fun times in school-band, football games, get togethers at my house, lots of laughs and great memories. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Cindy

2. David and Trese Slusser says:

We met Jennifer this year at our military reunion. She was a very cheerful and outgoing person. We are saddened at her loss

3. Philip Byrd says:

I know words won’t fill the void left in your lives but I want to express my deepest sympathy for your loss. Jennifer was mentioned in a prayer request last Sunday at Big Meadow and it was so shocking when we got the news. I apologize for not being able to get out to funeral home but you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

4. Kathy Byrd Compton says:

Sorry for your loss she was a great person and cousin she will be deeply missed you and your family is in our prayers and thoughts and may God Bless you all.

5. Martha C Parnell says:

So saddened by such news. I had not heard she had been sick. Deepest sympathy to Sarah and her other family and friends. She always had such a warm, friendly smile. May y

6. Sandy Fields Saltsman says:

I am so very sorry for your loss. Jennifer was such a sweet person and will be missed. You are all in my prayers.

7. Jane Bowman says:

Thoughts and prayers of comfort during this sad time.

8. V. Sharron Jones,MD says:

I will always remember her bubbly personality and spirit from WKU and all the fun classes we had together! My prayers to her family in their time of sorrow. She was a truly beautiful person and will be greatly missed by all who knew her.