Virgie Marie Slayton

Marie Slayton

September 7, 1932          ~          November 23, 2016

Virgie Marie Slayton, 84, of Glasgow, Kentucky, passed away Wednesday, November 23, 2016. She was a daughter of the late Jim and Dora Taylor Likens. She was retired from Mallory Co. and was a member of the Westwood Church of Christ.

She is survived by two sons: Ricky Slayton (Eunice) and Timmy Slayton (Pam); three daughters: Janice Shore, Donna Jean Slayton and Teresa Eden; thirteen grandchildren: Wayne, Stevie and Jay York, Jennifer Austin, Jamie Maynard, Michelle Harper, Brian Bragg, Ricky Dale Slayton, Jeremy Burtram, Heather Klein, Chris Eden, Jessica Lindsey and Stacie Case; several great-grandchildren and one great-great grandchild also survive.

Besides her parents she was preceded in death by her husband: Bill Slayton; two daughters: Darlene York and Robbie Wood; one son: Roger Dale Slayton; two brothers: James and Porter Likens; five sisters: Della Smith, Eva Meador, Lena Davis, Myrtle Marshall and Lassie Slayton; one great-grandson: Benjamin Scott.

Funeral will be 11:00 A.M. Saturday, November 26, 2016 at the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral with burial in the Shrum Cemetery. Visitation will be after 3:30 P.M. Friday at the funeral home.

10 Entries for Virgie Marie Slayton

1. Beverly & Arthur Hatfield says:

Jamie, Jennifer and B. J., So sorry to hear about your grandma. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

2. Beverly & Arthur Hatfield says:

Your comment will be added to the guest register and given to the family of Virgie Marie Slayton. Please include any additional information you might wish for them to have.

3. Rita Garmon says:

The family are in my thoughts & prayers. God Bless

4. Eve B Mayes says:

Ricky, Eunie, & all the Slayton family, please accept my sincere sympathy in the passing of your mother. Treasure your memories of her!
    with love, eve

5. Brian P says:

I’m so sorry for your loss Timmy and Pam and the rest of the family.

6. LOIS BULLE says:

prayers and thoughts to the family

7. LOIS BULLE says:

prayers and thoughts to the family

8. Wallice Houchens says:

Sorry to hear about Ms. Marie, I know she was like a grandmother to Austin. Love and pray for you all.

9. PEGGY SLAYTON says:

I am so sorry to hear about Marie passing. All of my prayers goes out to you guys. Will be thinking and praying for all. God bless your family. Marie was a great woman and will be missed. Love all of you

Love,
    Peggy

10. L.A. says:

Dear family,

I share your sadness over the loss of your dear family member. Even though I am not acquainted with you, I do know the pain of losing someone so dear. May I offer a few encouraging scriptures on which to meditate? 2 Corinthians 1:3,4 shows us that The God of all Comfort is aware of our suffering. John 5:28,29 promises that through Christ Jesus, all those in the memorial tombs will live again. Isaiah 55:11 gives us the sure guarantee that this promise will be fulfilled. May you be strengthened by these scriptures.