Alice B. Carner

Alice Carner

May 16, 1933     ~     November 24, 2016

Alice Brandenburg Carner, 83, Glasgow, died Thursday, November 24, 2016, at the Medical Center at Bowling Green. A native of Beattyville, she was a daughter of the late Dudley and Ethel Williams Brandenburg.

Mrs. Carner was avid admirer of wildflowers. She was an active member of the Glasgow Garden Club, the Beautification Committee, B & PW, and the Glasgow Baptist Church. She was an avid traveler, having traveled the world 3 times. She was the 1992 recipient of the Athena Award given to women of achievement by the Glasgow-Barren County Chamber of Commerce. She was a devoted wife, mother, and grandmother.

Survivors include one son Bobby Carner of Glasgow; one grandson: Brandenburg Carner of Louisville; one sister: Leona Fellows; one brother: Joey Brandenburg; one nephew: Dr. Micky Fellows.

In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband Philip C. Carner and one brother Sonny Brandenburg.

Funeral services will be held 2:00 p.m. Sunday at the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home with burial in the Glasgow Municipal Cemetery. Friends may call after 4 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.

10 Entries for Alice B. Carner

1. Martha Crow says:

Bobby, I am so sorry to hear of your mom’s passing. She was a beautiful lady. You and your family are in my prayers.

2. Jane Bowman says:

Thinking of your family at this difficult time. Mrs. Carner was a wonderful lady.

3. Charlene Hole says:

Bobby, Brandon and family…I am deeply grieved over the loss of Alice.
    She was one of a kind. She loved you all so much, you were the light of her life! You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

4. Charlene Hole says:

Your comment will be added to the guest register and given to the family of Alice B. Carner. Please include any additional information you might wish for them to have.

5. Sandi Gorin says:

My prayers are with you in the passing of dear Alice. She was a wonderful, warm and loving lady. I so enjoyed talking with her at the Wednesday evening meals at church. She blessed so many and I am confident that her smile is lighting up heaven! God bless you all.

6. The St Charles's says:

so sorry to hear of alice she was a beautiful lady inside and out. she will be terribly missed. yall are in our thoughts and prayers.God Bless

7. Darlene says:

I am confined to my home, so spend a few minutes each day offering scriptural comfort to those having lost someone in death.

Death can leave one asking “Why?”. The bible gives a simple direct answer.

Romans 5:12, “That is why,just as through one man sin entered the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” So, we inherited sin and death from Adam. Jesus gave much comfort by teaching about the resurrection of the dead. What a glorious time that will be!
    I lost my own mom in death a short time ago, and I know what a treasure your memories will be. If you would like to continue this spiritual conversation, please contact me at my address.

Have a comforted day.
    Darlene

8. L.A. says:

Dear Family,

Please accept my sincere condolence on your loss. The Bible can bring you much hope and comfort at a time like this, because within its pages are the precious promises from our Almighty Creator that soon He is going to end death, sickness and sorrow (Revelation 21:3,4). In addition to that, our loving Heavenly Father has made arrangements through His Son, Christ Jesus, to bring back to life “all those in the memorial tombs” (John 5:28,29). May you find the strength to hold on by meditating on these beautiful promises from Jehovah God.

9. John and Linda Hitchcock says:

Alice was one of the first people to welcome us to Glasgow a decade ago. She had a lively mind, quick wit and was ever gracious. She will be missed by all who knew her. Our condolences to her family and friends.

10. Ben Crawford says:

I always loved you miss Alice thanks for talking to me on Sunday in
    Church and you always looked so pretty I always remember the
    Wonderful ladie that you were say hey to my grand father and Rest In Peace