Hugh O. Pickett, Jr.

March 9, 1948     ~     September 12, 2015

Hugh O. Pickett, Jr., 67, a resident of Glasgow for 66 years, passed away Saturday, September 12, 2015, at his residence in Bowling Green. A native of Barren County, he was a son of the late Hugh O. Pickett, Sr. and Carolyn Elizabeth Morgan Pickett. He was a retired employee of the Barren County Road Department and a truck driver. He was a huge UK fan; he loved playing cards with his grandchildren; and he enjoyed going to the gun range.

Survivors include his wife of 38 years: Patricia Elmore Pickett; two daughters: Jennifer Lynn Haynes and husband Johnny of Glasgow, and Julie Ann Emanuele and husband Tullio of Bowling Green; three granddaughters: Chelsie Ann Lile, Paige Atwell, and Rachel Haynes; one brother: Richard Pickett and wife Patricia of Glasgow; one sister: Pat Groce and husband Walter of Glasgow; several nieces and nephews.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by one brother: Charlie Pickett.

Graveside services will be held 1:00 p.m. Monday at the Caney Fork Cemetery. There will be no prior visitation. Arrangements entrusted to Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home.

16 Entries for Hugh O. Pickett, Jr.

1. Wanda Barton says:

Pat and all the Family, my Prayers are with you all during this chapter in your life. Huge was a loving and happy family man and had lots of friends! I know he will be missed! Call or visit me anytime, day or night! I love u all just like family!

2. Beverly McCoy says:

So sorry for your loss will be Praying for the family

3. Karen Dile says:

I have so many wonderful memories of the Pickett family…very loving, caring . But, what I remember most is that I always had so much fun. Jr was a great example of how a man treats a woman. It was obvious how much he loved Pat. I was there the day Jennifer and Julie found out they were being adopted by Jr, Jennifer cried, because she was so happy. You all are in my heart, always have been, always will be.

4. Lou Furlong says:
  5. Jim Emberton says:

Remember Hughie well as a childhood friend. To all his family my sincere condolences. To Richard and Pat his brother and sister, I left Glasgow many years ago, but I remember your whole family from Grandview Ave. So sorry to hear of Junior’s passing.

6. Lou Furlong says:

Your comment will be added to the guest register and given to the family of Hugh O. Pickett, Jr.. Please include any additional information you might wish for them to have.

7. lillian Wilson says:

So sorry for you lost praying for the family.

8. Kaye Matheson says:

Pat, Julie and the rest of family,

Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts. So sorry for your loss. Keeping y’all in the my thoughts and prayers.

9. The ability to work from anywhere with an internet connection provides me with greater flexibility while traveling, whether it be to visit family, travel to watch my favorite sports on TV. I’m looking for this kind of flexibilty.

10. Interesting topic but I’m not sure that I agree with you. Things like this have chanbged the way the web was formed and created. Is it really as simple as changing out the direction and watching the web change?

11. A chinese man was said to live around 250 years with the help of herbs. Is this even true? Could this be possible.

12. lilac shade says:

They will provide you with a free diagnostic of your problem and a recommended solution. But you are under no obligation to have us do the repairs.

13. Well, to put it simply there is no reason why this post shouldn’t receive a ton of attention as we’re all trying to represent our skills and contribute knowledge accordingly.

14. Let my family first you can start by putting myself. Individual name is literally Linwood additionally I fully feel comfortable when people make use of the owner’s name. His wife doesn’t like it all the tactic he really but the activities he in fact likes going through is in order to garden still , he’s taking into account on putting up something completely new. She’s always enjoyed living from California. For years he’s been working to be a supervisor.

15. security says:

Hi, thanks for pointing the new Ubuntu release. This is one of the best releases and i have it installed on my computer at home. the only issue is outdated nvidia driver.

16. good articles respect to post author thank you for share im thankful for the post