Vickie Lynn Simmons

May 7, 1965          ~          April 1, 2015

Vickie Lynn Simmons, 49, of Glasgow, died Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at the T. J. Samson Community Hospital. She was a daughter of the late Grover Wilson Settles and Mary Louise Carahan Settles.

She is survived by her daughter: Destiny Louise Simmons; three brothers: William Settles, Jackie Lee Settles and James Settles; two sisters: Bonnie Riggs and Kathy Settles Stinson; brother-in-law: Timmy Simmons; several aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.

Funeral will be 1:00 P.M. Saturday, April 4, 2015 at the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home with burial in the Turner Cemetery. Visitation will be after 4:00 P.M. Friday at the funeral home.

25 Entries for Vickie Lynn Simmons

1. Peggy Wyatt says:

Destiny,
    So sorry for your loss, Please reach out if you need anything at all…
    Love you Peg

2. Peggy Wyatt says:

Your comment will be added to the guest register and given to the family of Vickie Lynn Simmons. Please include any additional information you might wish for them to have.

3. Lora Garrett says:

Destiny,

I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. Please know that your teachers, coaches, and your fellow students are thinking of you during this time.
    Sincerely,

Mrs. Garrett

4. WILLIAM FIELDS says:

lm so sorry about your mother destiny she a sweet lady she always there help someone out we all love her now she gone home be with our lord jesus chirst

5. Shelly Crawford Bauer says:

My deepest condolences. Your family continues in my thoughts and prayers.

6. JUDY PEDIGO LAWRENCE says:

so sorry for your loss lord be with the child your mom was a wonderful person she always looked out for my mother Dorothy Glidewell

7. Debbie England says:

sorry

8. carla faye crain says:

I im sorry I will miss youn

9. Cindy Martin (EB Terry/Highland Elem.) says:

Destiny, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She was a special lady, and I know you are going to miss her very much! You have always held a special place in my heart, and I am glad I got to spend some time with you Thursday afternoon. I will be thinking about you and keeping you and your dad in my prayers.

10. GHS Sophomores says:

To our friend and classmate, Destiny Simmons: The Glasgow High School Sophomore Class wish to extend our deepest condolences in the sudden loss of your mother. You and your family are in our thoughts.

11. Theresa Hensley says:

Destiny, My thought and prayers are with you Today and in the days to comes. I loved your momma very much. She always treated me the same, even when things were bad. God has a new angel, look to the skies and know she is there, and that she loved you with all her heart. If you ever need me, just holler.. love ya,Theresa.

12. carla faye crain says:

13. carolyn Phillips Fields Johnson says:

Sorry for your loss. Gd be with yu. Carolyn Fields Johnson

14. Edna Jones and terry jones says:

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom vickey she was one of a kind always nice and spoke when. When you saw her around town she will be missed deeply if anything we can do just ask will pray for the family and friends during this hard time

15. JERRY & STEPHANIE MC CLELLAN says:

WE ARE SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS , VICKIE WAS THE SAME EVERY TIME WE SAW HER SHE WAS A SWEET LADY . DESTINY SHE LOVED YOU WITH ALL HER HEART YOU WAS HER PRIDE . THE FAMILY HAS OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHY .

16. Jimmy and Lucy Hawkins says:

Destiny, Vicki was a good friend and the best neighbor. We didn’t like to see her move. She was always the same. She loved you with all her heart and soul. She was a very special lady. If you need anything just call me. I love you very much. And again I am so sorry for your loss.

17. SHEILA CARNAHAN says:

Destiny I know you will be lost without your Mom ..But you can rest for sure now she is with her Mom , not a doubt in my mind . you was her pride and joy. Vicki had HER way of living but her heart was kind and that means more than any treasure you could ever have ,now she will get what she never had here PEACE OF MIND AND RICHES UNTOLD ….VICKI YOUR NOW AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN A GREAT MOM AND GENTLE PERSON …..ENJOY YOUR RICHES NOW LOVE YOUR AUNT SHEILA …..DESTINY ALWAYS TAKE CARE YOU’LL BE FINE .sHES WATCHING OVER YOU ALWAYS FROM ABOVE.

18. William & April Morris says:

Destiny, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I can’t imagine your pain but I’m sure you feel so lost n empty. I am really lost for words hunnie. Your mom n I have been really good friends for many years n I am going to miss her! Just remember she no longer suffering n u will see her again soon. My thoughts n prayers are with you Sweetie. We all love Destiny!

19. Mrs. Brauer says:

Destiny,
    I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Mrs. Brauer

20. Marsha Blevins says:

Destiny,
    I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. I will praying for you and your family but know the Lord is with you because He tells us – He will never leave you nor forsake you. I love you – Mrs. Blevins

21. One thing they did say about her though was that she loved olive oil, which is why she lived so long. Impressive when you sit down and think of it.

22. We have 20+ years’ experience in the IT industry especially eCommerce. We believe in building long-term relationships and making certain that our clients succeed in all their goals because their success is our success.

23. thomas kish says:

I precisely desired to appreciate you again. I am not sure the things that I would?ve made to happen in the absence of the type of ideas documented by you over such a field. It truly was a real scary condition for me, but coming across a professional fashion you processed it made me to leap for contentment. I am just happier for the support and then wish you really know what a powerful job you happen to be undertaking instructing the others by way of your websites. Probably you haven?t got to know any of us.

24. Great post! We’re a successful software design and development company specializing in creating e-commerce Websites, iPhone, Android, and windows 8 applications, facebook applications, Internet marketing (SEO/SEM/SMO and PPC campaigns)

25. lilac shade says:

Have seen and heard about such an insect for the first time. I really like being aware of about different forms of insects and animals. The life cycle on the insect shared in here seems to become quite fascinating. Will appear forward to more such exciting posts.