Samuel Levi Talley

Samuel Talley

November 2, 1935          ~          May 13, 2014

Samuel Levi Talley, 78, of Bowling Green, died Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at Vanderbilt Medical Center. He was a son of the late Toy Levi and Betty Icyphene Cavin Talley. He was retired from General Motors.

He is survived by his wife: Wanda Dean Houchens Talley; seven children: Sandra Gross (Jimmie), Samuel Talley, Jr. (Sharon), Frank Talley, Jamie Skaggs (Eric), Charles Talley (Rhonda), Brian Talley and Shawn Talley (Geneka); seven grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; two stepdaughters: Jo Garmon (Jeff) and Lisa Mosier (John); several step grandchildren; several step great-grandchildren; two sisters: Joyce Petty and Virginia McKnight; several nieces and nephews also survive.

Besides his parents he was preceded in death by his first wife and mother of his children: Joan Talley; one brother: Loyd Talley; one sister: Lois McQueen.

Funeral will be 10:00 A.M. Friday at the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home, with cremation to follow and burial in the Richwood Cemetery in Corning Arkansas. Visitation will be from 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Thursday at the funeral home.

12 Entries for Samuel Levi Talley

1. Bettina Rich and Family says:

Sorry for your loss. May God wrap his arms around y’all and give you comfort during this time. Will be praying for you all.

2. Alicia Garrett says:

I’m sending my deepest sympathy to the entire family of Sam Talley ( dad ).
    He will definetly be missed as Joan is.
    They are together again.

3. Jackie and Ellen Burch says:

We are so sorry.We love the whole family and your in our prayers.We will all see him again

4. shawna westwood says:

Im so sry for ur loss my sister geneka and brother shawn and neice aleah. And all the talley family. I love u and wish i could have met this wonderful man. Sending love and prayers from colorado.

5. douglas and connie cahill says:

sending our deepest sympathy. uncle sam will be missed by us. he is in a peaceful place in his mansion that god has promised .I know it isn’t easy giving them up but look back on all the memories you all had with your dad. I have a lot of respect for him and was glad he was our uncle. prayers to all of you.

6. douglas and connie cahill says:

Your comment will be added to the guest register and given to the family of Samuel Levi Talley. Please include any additional information you might wish for them to have.

7. steve ray says:

Brain im so sorry for your lost..

8. Linda Jonas says:

Charles,Brian,Shawn and Jamie I have no words to say that is of much comfort except God can get you thru this He gives us strength in our weakest moments. I only listed your names because I know you but my thoughts and prayers are with all your family. May God Bless you

9. Victor & Sherrell Steele says:

Mrs. Wanda and Bro. Charles,

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Mr. Sam was a thoughtful and kind person. He always testified that there is a Christ who covers us with his grace. Whenever I would see he and Mrs. Wanda at Sam’s club or the flea market they were always enjoying each other’s company. God speed Mr. Sam

Sincerely,

Victor & Sherrell Steele

10. Crystal Honeycutt-Dailey says:

11. Crystal Honeycutt-Dailey says:

Uncle Sam, you were like a father to us. You will be so greatly missed. Have fun with my dad, brother and Aunt Joanie, they have been waiting for you. I will never forget you holding court and all of us kids being the defendants.. many — so many good memories of you. You were such a big part of our lives. All of us kids will remain in contact because of the relationship our parents laid a foundation for. Have fun in heaven. We will see you again.

12. Renee Brannock says:

Sam will be greatly missed by all the employees at Sams Club ! He always brightened our day when he and Wanda would come in to shop ! We are so blessed to have known him . Our prayers are with Wanda and all the family .