Henry Paul Garner

March 6, 2013

Henry Paul Garner, 89, Glasgow, passed away March 6, 2013. He was the son of the late Herdis Lee and Lela Mae Garner. He also was preceded in death by two brothers, Roger Lee and Jimmy Garner, along with an infant sister Virginia.

In 1945, Pfc Henry Garner was awarded the Bronze Star due to outstanding performance of duty in action against the enemy. He was with his battalion which captured Kesternick, Germany. Henry Paul served with the Medic Division, 311th Infantry Regiment, Second Battalion.

On May 18, 1946, Henry and Emma Byrd Garner were married. They were married for the next 59 years, until Emma’s death. They were parents of three children, Henrietta Garner Smith, Brenda Coats and husband Joe, and Robbie Dale Garner. Also surviving are six grandchildren, Kristie Hendricks and husband Sam, Wesley Paul Smith and wife Debra, and Donnie Aaron Smith all of Glasgow; Alex Coats and wife Cindy of St. Augustine, FL, Payton and Mallory Garner of Bowling Green, KY; nine great-grandchildren, Emmalee Smith, Bethany Lickteig and husband Jerry, Christopher Jessee, Joshua, Tyler, Brittany, and Hunter Smith, Rileigh and Ryder Coats; one great-great-grandson, Xavier James Lickteig; several nieces, nephews, and other family members.

Emogene Button Garner, his present wife, also survives along with several step-children and their families.

His request was to have a graveside service for family and friends. That service will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Happy Valley Memorial Gardens with Bro. Ray Woodie conducting the service. There will be no visitation. Arrangements are under the direction of the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home.

11 Entries for Henry Paul Garner

1. Martha Crow says:

Henrietta, I am so sorry for your loss of your dad. Will be praying for you and the family. God Bless.

2. Becky Davis says:

Henrietta, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I will be praying for you and your family. May God hold all of you during this time. Love you. Becky

3. Mike & Becky Lee says:

Henrietta, Brenda, and Robbie our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. Mayoma, and Linda send their prayers too.

4. harold &ruby emberton says:

HENRIETTA WE ARE SO SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR DAD WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND REST OF THE FAMILY .MAY GOD PUT HIS OPEN ARM AROUNG ALL OF YOU .GOD BLESS

5. Jeanette Combest Vaughn says:

Henrietta,Brenda, Robbie..Im so sorry about your Dad.He was a sweet kind soul that came in to our lives that i grew to Love .and he will be grately missed.

6. Betty Gunnels says:

Will be praying for your families during this sad time. Have many good memories of Henry and Emma and Mama and Daddy and us girls doing things together when we were young.

7. Marcella Crawhorn Smith says:

I was very sad to hear of the passing of Henry…..He was a very kind man and a wonderful neighbor to my mom…..I pray God will wrap each of you in his loving arms as only HE can do…..May he give you peace and comfort….

8. I precisely desired to appreciate you again. I am not sure the things that I would?ve made to happen in the absence of the type of ideas documented by you over such a field. It truly was a real scary condition for me, but coming across a professional fashion you processed it made me to leap for contentment. I am just happier for the support and then wish you really know what a powerful job you happen to be undertaking instructing the others by way of your websites. Probably you haven?t got to know any of us.

9. Gary kovner says:

Well, to put it simply there is no reason why this post shouldn’t receive a ton of attention as we’re all trying to represent our skills and contribute knowledge accordingly.

10. We have a very close relationship with all our clients and we set very clear objectives toward reaching their goal and providing the top leading services only in comparison to much larger higher priced boutiques at affordable rates.

11. herb trotter says:

Hello I approximating your wewebsite. Perform you need to visitor publish in my identifiable on some point? If hence you should know me via email otherwise possibly reply to this kindly of observe since We enrolled in notices and definately will realize if you do.